Harrison Castings will be exhibiting at Subcon 2016 at the NEC in Birmingham next week. Subcon is the one of the UK’s showcase events for contract and subcontract manufacturing supply chains across all technologies and sectors. We will be exhibiting at stand E37 and so please do come and see us to discuss your casting requirements.
This year’s Subcon event takes place between 7th – 9th June and covers a broad sweep of topics, from supply chain development issues, to technological challenges, sustainability, automation and late payments. Now in its 40th year, Subcon has doubled in size over the last four years and is the only UK event dedicated contract manufacturing supply chains and outsourced engineering services. The event is free to attend for all registered visitors to the show.
Subcon 2016 speaker sessions
Keynote sessions this year include:
- Supply chain trends and opportunities for satellite systems – Mike Healy, Vice President Space Systems and CIS Procurement, Airbus Defense & Space
A fast-moving area, bringing major technology and cost implications as well as significant opportunities for suppliers.
- Investing to drive productivity – Dave Atkinson, UK Head of Manufacturing, SME Commercial Banking, Lloyds Bank.
- Taking automation to the next level with Industry 4.0 – Jon Sumner of Lambert Engineering.
Other presentations will also be held on a wide range of topics including:
- Commercialisation of composite materials for the mass market
- Precision metrology
- Additive manufacturing in supply chains
- Remanufacturing as a driver for sustainability
- Collaborative robots
- SME engagement in major defense programmes
Exhibition and networking opportunities
Over 400 exhibitors will be present at Subcon 2016 with senior purchasing, production and supply chain managers attending from industries that include aerospace, automotive, medical technology, transport, oil & gas, marine and general engineering.
There will also be an international supplier zone with subcontractors from the Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Latvia, Turkey, India and China.
To make it easier to find suppliers, this year’s Subcon exhibition area will be split into specific area zones focusing on:
- Composites and materials
- Contract electronics manufacture
- Manufacturing software
- Turned parts (in association with the British Turned Parts Manufacturers Association)
- Castings (in association with the Cast Metals Federation)
- Surface Engineering (in association with the Institute of Metal Finishing).
An Advisory Drop-In Centre will give SMEs access to expert advice on the critical areas for business success, including skills, innovation, exporting and access to finance, while the free-to-attend industry reception provides an ideal opportunity to network over drinks and canapes.
In addition select buyer visitors who attend Subcon 2016 will be invited to become part of the Buyer Programme, enabling them to search and select exhibitors based on the sectors they serve, services and approved accreditations and pre-book meetings. The personalized diary system will ensure Buyers have a productive time at the show, ensuring meetings with the right suppliers.
Meet us at Subcon 2016
Why not come and meet with us at Subcon 2016? We will be exhibiting at stand E37.
Don’t forget to register beforehand for your free tickets at www.subconshow.co.uk.